George Porter Trios - 01-02-2004
George Porter Trios
New Orleans, LA
recording type: MATRIX
shn: yes; book/page: 6/8
quality rating: A
1. house music > jam > (9:22)
2. Fun to Play the Drums > (8:37)
3. On the Right Track > (3:41)
4. Same Thing > (3:08)
5. Jack Shee > (7:13)
6. Too Rude > (4:58)
7. Sick and Tired > (12:49)
8. Just Kissed My Baby * > (9:45)
9. Welcome to New Orleans > (4:12)
10. Change Reform > (4:11)
11. Chicken Strut (6:54)
12. Message from General Child # > (5:47)
13. All These Things > (4:28)
14. Dr. Watson > (11:28)
15. Hey Mama (Wild Tchoupitoulas) (5:42)
16. Woman Gotta Have It % > (6:11)
17. Love Slip Up On Ya % > (4:00)
18. Slipping Into Darkness % > (3:21)
19. Stand Up For Your Rights @ > (4:20)
20. Mardi Gras in New Orleans $@ > (4:36)
21. Get Out the Way (Injuns a Comin') @ (4:43)
The Band: Johnny Vidacovich - drums, vocals George Porter Jr - bass, vocals Ivan Neville - keyboards, vocals Stanton Moore - second drumkit (right speaker).
* with Cyril Neville replaces Johnny on the 1st drumkit.
# with Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews on trumpet.
% with Darryl Johnson on vocals.
@ "mean" Willie Green replaces Stanton on the 2nd drumkit.
$ Darryl Johnson replaces George on bass.
source: SBD Matrix... George Porter's master soundboard DAT + Neumann KM-184 mics > Lunatec v2 > Tascam DA-P1 (mics mounted about 5-feet up, at lip of stage, dead-center; crossed-pattern for first set, ortf for second set) > Mobile I/O 2882 firewire interface > Macintosh G4/1000 > Bias Peak 3.2.1 (time alignment) > Bias Deck 2.7.1 (mixed from four track down to two) > Bias Peak 3.2.1 (indexed, normalized, saved in .wav format) > MacFlac 2.1.0 > CDR > EAC > FLAC
taper: Richard Russell
note: In this recording, Stanton is heard on the right, and Johnny is slightly off-center, to the left.
back to the cd list