NOLA Allstars - 05-01-2009
The Howlin' Wolf
New Orleans, LA
recording type: AUD
shn: yes; book/page: 5/5
quality rating: A
1. tuning / funk improv # (10:18)
2. Mojo Hanna ## > (13:02)
3. Let Me Have It All > (2:21)
4. Kissing My Love ### > (2:28)
5. Kissing My Love con't (2:38)
6. Nighttime is the Right Time (15:14)
7. ...banter... (1:48)
8. Welcome to New Orleans % (13:06)
9. ...banter... (2:28)
10. Voices Inside (Everything Is Everything) * > (14:32)
11. Standing On Shaky Ground > (7:04)
12. Your Daddy Don't Rock & Roll *& (5:53)
13. ...intros... (2:23)
14. Dr. Watson *~ > Thankful 'n Thoughtful *~ (10:21)
# with Johnny Vidacovich (drums, vocals), Ivan Neville (organ, vocals), and Nick Daniels (bass, vocals).
## Tony Hall (guitar, bass, vocals) joins.
### Theresa Anderson (fiddle, vocals) joins.
% Zigaboo Modeliste (drums, vocals) and George Porter Jr (bass, drums, vocals) join.
* with Shamarr Allen on trumpet.
& Ziggy leaves the stage, Johnny retakes the drums.
~ with Renard Poche (guitar).
Mojo Hanna was made popular by Tami Lynn (and Esther Phillips). Let Me Have It All is a Sly Stone tune. Kissing My Love is a Bill Withers tune. Nighttime is the Right Time is a 1937 Roosevelt Sykes tune. Welcome To New Orleans is a Zigaboo Modeliste tune. Voices Inside (Everything Is Everything) is a Richard Evans tune, popularized by Donny Hathaway. Standing On Shaky Ground was popularized by Delbert McClinton tune. Your Daddy Don't Rock & Roll is a Kenny Loggins tune. Dr. Watson is a Johnny Vidacovich tune. Thankful 'n Thoughtful is a Sly Stone tune.
source: Neumann SKM-140 > Edirol R-44 > CDR
taper: Ira Gross
back to the cd list