Phish - 10-31-2009
Empire Polo Club
recording type: SBD/MP3
shn: yes; book/page: 5/11
quality rating: A
1. Sample in a Jar (5:52)
2. The Divided Sky (16:17)
3. Lawn Boy (3:56)
4. Kill Devil Falls (9:16)
5. Bathtub Gin (12:39)
6. The Squirming Coil (8:17)
7. Runaway Jim > (7:03)
8. Possum (8:59)
9. Run Like an Antelope (11:26)
10. Rocks Off *# > (5:37)
11. Rip This Joint *# (2:54)
12. Shake Your Hips *# (4:37)
13. Casino Boogie * (6:13)
14. Tumbling Dice *#% (5:51)
15. Sweet Virginia #% (5:07)
16. Torn and Frayed * (8:54)
17. Sweet Black Angel * (4:10)
18. Loving Cup #% (7:51)
19. Happy *#% (4:22)
20. Turd on the Run *#% (4:11)
21. Ventilator Blues *#% > (5:15)
22. I Just Want To See His Face *% > (7:24)
23. Let It Loose *#% (6:54)
24. All Down the Line *#% (5:39)
25. Stop Breaking Down *#% (4:39)
26. Shine a Light *#% (5:46)
27. Soul Survivor *#% (7:06)
28. Backwards Down the Number Line > (12:19)
29. Fluffhead > (14:47)
30. Ghost (13:50)
31. When the Circus Comes (6:03)
32. You Enjoy Myself (23:04)
33. Suzy Greenberg #% (12:08)
* first time played.
# with Dave Guy (trumpet), David Smith (trombone), and Tony Jarvis (saxophone).
% with Sharon Jones and Saundra Williams on backup vocals.
* This show was part of the three-show Festival 8.
* Playbills were distributed on-site (beginning at 12:30pm, 8 hours in advance) confirming that the second set (the band's "musical costume") would be the Rolling Stones' Exile on Main St.
* After Divided Sky, Trey acknowledged the beauty of the venue and announced that Page would now play a love song to the lawn since it was the first time they had played on grass in a long time.
* Antelope's lyrics were changed to "Been you to have any Coil, man?" (The Coil was an art installation on the venue grounds).
* Set 2 began with a video highlighting selections of the 99 classic albums displayed and then systematically eliminated on the phish.com web site leading up to the festival. Selections in the montage included snippets from Michael Jackson's Thriller, T Rex's Electric Warrior, Metallica's Master of Puppets, Miles Davis's A Tribute to Jack Johnson, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours and The Doors (self titled), among others.
* All of the Exile on Main Str songs were Phish debuts, except for Loving Cup and Sweet Virginia. All songs in the second set except for Casino Boogie, Torn and Frayed, and I Just Want To See His Face featured Dave Guy on trumpet, David Smith on trombone, and Tony Jarvis on saxophone. Tumbling Dice, Sweet Virginia, and Loving Cup through Soul Survivor also featured Sharon Jones and Saundra Williams on backup vocals. Trey introduced the horn section after Tumbling Dice and again after the completion of the costume, before saying "We are the Rolling Stones. See you later."
* Suzy Greenberg was played with Jones, Williams, and the horns.
* This show featured the first Sweet Virginia since September 26, 1999 (173 shows).
source: livephish soundboards, not for trade or sale.
this show at the mockingbird foundations new phish archive!
this show at phish.net - the helping friendly book
back to the cd list