Phish - 11-01-2009
afternoon "acoustic" set
Empire Polo Club
recording type: SBD/MP3
shn: yes; book/page: 5/11
quality rating: A
1. Water in the Sky (7:08)
2. Back on the Train (5:35)
3. Brian and Robert (4:45)
4. Invisible (4:25)
5. Strange Design (3:03)
6. Mountains in the Mist (8:27)
7. The Curtain With (11:57)
8. Army of One (4:21)
9. Sleep Again (5:57)
10. My Sweet One (2:23)
11. Let Me Lie (4:43)
12. Bouncing Around the Room (4:07)
13. Train Song (2:58)
14. Wilson > (4:44)
15. McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters (10:11)
16. Driver (3:55)
17. Talk (3:47)
18. Secret Smile (6:44)
this was the "first full-length acoustic Phish set". see below for details.
* This show was part of the three-show Festival 8.
* The first set, which started at noon, was billed as Phish's "first full-length acoustic set" (complete with complimentary coffee and Festival 8 themed donuts).
* The first set featured Trey and Mike on acoustics, Page solely on piano, and a unique stage setup that had Fishman stage right with Page on the far left.
* Before Brian and Robert, Trey encouraged the crowd to sit down due to the "mellow" nature of the set; he added that they had never before played to a crowd that was sitting.
* Whether the crowd should stand up or sit down became a running joke throughout the set, until Trey confessed during Wilson that he only asked the crowd to sit down at the request of the crew and, in fact, he hates telling people what to do (and also hates sitting down).
* This show marked the Phish debuts of Invisible and Sleep Again.
* Fishman performed a whistle solo on My Sweet One.
* The band briefly left the stage after McGrupp, returning to encore with Driver, Talk, and Secret Smile.
source: livephish soundboards, not for trade or sale.
this show at the mockingbird foundations new phish archive!
this show at phish.net - the helping friendly book
back to the cd list